This is the list of movies we're watching this October. I expect some of the movies to be switched with others as the mood strikes, but that's okay. It's a weird list because it's really not a top 30 of my favorite horror movies or anything. Lots of movies didn't make the list because I had re-watched them recently or just because I didn't feel like re-watching them. Let's see if I can come up with anything interesting to say about these flicks after the jump.
1. Stake Land - I've seen this one before and I still enjoy it. It has some goofy kung fu stuff going on, but I like that they took the time to do some world building in this one.
2. Haunting of Helena - First viewing. I posted the review yesterday. Not something I'd re-watch.
3. Pontypool - It has an interesting premise and I've forgotten enough about it to want to re-watch it.
4. Lords of Salem - Re-watch solely for the visuals.
5. Paranorman - We watched this recently so we might end up not seeing it again, but it's just really good and a perfect fit for Halloween.
6. Livide - This one was a bit of a letdown when it finally came out, but it has some of the best scenes I've seen in a horror movie. Definitely worth a re-watch.
7. Vanishing on 7th Street - This one isn't really that great, but the girlfriend hasn't seen it, so we will.
8. Monsters - This one I actually like, but I've definitely watched it too many times. Girlfriend hasn't seen it though.
9. Coraline - It's pretty good. Worth a re-watch. I think the director is the same as for Paranorman.
10. Splinter - While I'm getting tired of watching this, it's still a fun movie. I dig the monsters.
11. The Burrowers - This one is a bit slow, but it's been a while and I want to see how it holds up on repeat viewings. Cowboy horror!
12. GP - One of my favorite horror movies. Looking forward to watching it again.
13. Trick 'r Treat - Might save this for Halloween. It's the perfect movie.
14. Teeth - I've described the movie to my girlfriend a hundred times, but we still haven't watched it. So in it goes.
15. Cold Prey - I'm not a huge fan of slasher flicks outside the classics, but this Norwegian movie has a nice setting and it feels pretty fresh for what is essentially a run-of-the-mill slasher movie.
16. Slither - Always fun.
17. The Dark - I liked some of the visuals. I think Sean Bean dies in this one.
18. Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - Probably the best horror comedy in existence.
19. Dead Air - I don't actually remember this at all and I've watched it.
20. R-Point - Another Korean horror movie. Not as good as GP, but still good.
21. Undead - I haven't watched this in ages. I remember it's a pretty crazy Australian zombie flick.
22. My Little Eye - Mostly for nostalgia's sake.
23. Bride of Chucky - The only Chucky film I haven't watched yet.
24. The Nightmare Before Christmas - Needs no introduction.
25. The Blob - I like this remake. I watched it as a kid and fell in love with it.
26. Teen Wolf - Not sure about this one, but it's definitely been a while since I last watched it.
29. All the Evil Dead movies.
30. The Conjuring - Heard good things.
31. Pacific Rim - I guess this is cheating, but I wanna watch it and can't wait till November.
32. The American Scream - Bonus round. A documentary about families and their Halloween decorations.